Carbohydrates in P3

Home Forums The Phases of the HCG Diet Phase 3 Stabilization Carbohydrates in P3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    himeLuna

One of the reason that gains are experienced during P3 is choosing the wrong food. When adding carbohydrates to your diet, you need to make sure that you pick foods that are non-starchy clean carbs instead of starchy ones. It is therefore essential that we familiarize with those that we are allowed to eat.

Leafy greens, apples, coconut flour berries and broccoli are some of the non-starchy carbohydrates that could make you feel full longer. Check out CLEAN CARBOHYDRATE OPTIONS FOR P3 OF THE HCG DIET to know more of the nutritional value of these carbohydrates.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I’m new to the HCG diet and I’m confused with the phases.. Is there anyone who could please explain what the phases are referring to?

himeLuna

Hi, here is an overview of the phases:

Phase 1 – LOADING Phase. This is when you eat as much as you want for 2 days.
    Phase 2 – VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) This is when you take the HCG injections while doing a 500-calorie diet. Do take note, this phase also includes the 3 days of doing the VLCD after your last injection dose.
    Phase 3 – STABILIZATION Phase. This is when you gradually introduce back foods and increase your calories. However, sugars and starches are not allowed. This will last for 3 weeks.
    Phase 4 – MAINTENANCE Phase. You start adding back sugars and starches into your diet. This is the-rest-of-your-life phase.

I suggest you read Dr. Simeons’ manuscript, Pounds and Inches, to better understand this diet and make the most out of it. You can find a link to the manuscript in the main forum. =)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.