Craving for Wine!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bernadeth
    Participant

So I’m gonna start P3 in two days and I’ve been craving wine for like almost forever. I’m wondering if I can introduce wine back into my life in P3? =D

himeLuna

Hi Bernadeth! =)

A glass of wine in moderation is allowed on P3.

The Pounds and Inches Manuscript states that “If no carbohydrates whatsoever are eaten, fats can be indulged in somewhat more liberally and even small quantities of alcohol, such as a glass of wine with meals, does no harm, but as soon as fats and starch are combined things are very liable to get out of hand.”

So, yes, you may drink your wine, though I would personally suggest you go with Dry wines since these wines are fully fermented and thus have very little or no residual sugars.

Congrats on reaching P3! =)

bernadeth
    Participant

omg.. That’s great! Thanks himeLuna. Finally, I’m gonna take my first sip of wine tonight. I can’t wait. haha.

alice decastro
    Participant

I am currently looking for wines with low sugar to make me feel less guilty. Any suggestion? What do you, ladies, drink?

amie49
    Participant

Uh-oh, I didn’t really think about what’s in the wine until I stumbled in this thread. For me, wine is wine. whatever its content is. LOL. Though, I wouldn’t mind if anyone will share a useful advice on choosing wines. Anything that will help me stabilize better is very much welcomed.

himeLuna

I’m not really much of a drinker.. But I’ve made research so I could have a list handy in case I’ll find myself in a situation where I need to drink a wine for special occasions. Here’s a list of dry wines that have very minimal carbohydrates (sugars):

Red Wines
    Merlot: 0.74g per ounce
    Pinot noir: 0.68g
    Shiraz/syrah: 0.76g
    Zinfandel: 0.84g
    Cabernet franc: 0.71g
    Cabernet sauvignon: 0.75g

White Wines

Pinot grigio: 0.6g per ounce
    Pinot blanc: 0.57g
    Sauvignon blanc: 0.6g

Hope you’ll find one of these wines to your liking.. Enjoy! =)

bernadeth
    Participant

My go-to wine would be Peninsula Ridge Sauvignon Blanc. It tastes citrus and fruity so it’s as if I’m drinking a sweet wine without the overindulgent amount of sugar. This will definitely let you enjoy your wine without being bothered by guilt.
    But when I feel like being thrifty yet still need a drink, I go for Folonari Valpolicella Red Wine. It’s really affordable. So far, I haven’t found any low-sugar wine cheaper than this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.