Exercising During P3

Home Forums The Phases of the HCG Diet Phase 3 Stabilization Exercising During P3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HCG-Forum.Com
    Keymaster

Any workouts that you have been previously been doing may be continued during P3. However, even when you are now starting to increase your calorie intake, it is still not advisable to start any new, intense exercises during this phase. Muscle inflammation from intense workout retains water and will thus give you a false weight gain reading on your scale.

If you would like to do some exercises, stick to moderate exercises such as walking and stretching, or a bit of yoga. =)

Heidi Dayne
    Participant

I didn’t know about water retention caused by sore muscle. So I allowed myself to go back to the intense workouts I have been doing before the diet. I thought that since I was already increasing my calorie intake, I could start working out again. This then lead me to a weight gain. When I learned that the weight gain was due to water retention, I stopped my workouts and did some walking instead. But walking is just toooooo boring and it doesn’t make me feel as if I’m exercising. Any other activities that I could do as an exercise?

Sophie

In Dr. Simeons’ Pounds and Inches, he made mention that you could do “A game of tennis, a vigorous swim, a run, a ride on horseback or a round of golf” and that these activities do not cause exercise-induced water retention. You could try any of these and see if it solves your craving for a “non-boring” activity. Enjoy! =)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.