Fighting Obesity to Fight Covid-19

Home Forums HCG + Lifestyle Fighting Obesity to Fight Covid-19

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    himeLuna

So it has been months yet it seems that this Covid virus is gonna stay with us for a few more months (or even years!) before a vaccine will be available. We have all heard from doctors and those experts from the medical field, that certain groups of people are more vulnerable to the virus. One of these groups of people who are more at risk to get severe illness from Covid-19 are the obese. It it therefore really essential for us to maintain a healthy weight as a way to fight Covid-19.

rachel215
    Participant

I have been on the obese range since after I had my 1st child about 8 yrs ago. Now that were experiencing this pandemic, I am more motivated to get myself back to a healthier state. I guess fear is also somewhat my motivation. haha.

bella26

I feel you girl. I’m still baffled that I lost my forever skinny self after I got pregnant. Yes, I’m gonna blame the child. hahaha.. lol.

rosemarie
    Participant

Ladies, you are making me think twice of actually getting pregnant!

I just got welcomed to the mildly obese range a few months back and with the current situation, with the pandemic still hanging around, I think I really need to do the HCG diet to at least save myself from the paranoia that the virus is actually out to get me. I am well aware that being obese would contribute to my body deteriorating faster if ever I do get infected. So, yeah, I need to lose the weight for a peace of mind. This pandemic is scary. I had a friend that actually succumbed to it. =(

himeLuna

I’m sorry you had to experience losing a friend to the pandemic. The virus is indeed scary. Being a nurse, I can say that seeing your patient pass away without any family beside him because they can’t go near him is really heartbreaking. That is why I am really campaigning to educate people on how to lessen the chance of the virus to take a hold of you or to at least give your body a fighting chance in the event that you do get it. There are a lot of risk factors and underlying medical conditions that could impede your defense against Covid. And among these, one of the risk factor that could be modified is obesity since this is a lifestyle disease. A change in lifestyle could really tip the balance in your favor.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have read that treating Covid patients involves positioning them in a prone position. I think this would be a challenge for people who are obese because some obese people do not tolerate well being in a prone position.

himeLuna

Yes, that could pose as a bit of a problem when managing obese patients. Another thing, in general, it has been found out that obese patients most commonly requires a breathing tube and a mechanical ventilator when suffering from severe covid infection.

This could be because it will be hard for them to fill their lungs with air since there is a greater amount of fat in the chest and abdomen that could put pressure on their lungs. This would then contribute to them becoming more respiratory distressed.

bella26

I found out that the reason why obese people are more prone to experience severe or life-threatening Covid infection is because fat tissues may cause more inflammation which may lead organs, including the lungs, to get damaged. So it seems that excessive fat tissues contribute to the virus being more lethal to the body. Oh no..

rachel215
    Participant

I read somewhere that fat tissues houses a large of immune cells. I thought that was a good thing. But I guess having too much immune cells isn’t good right?

himeLuna

Right. Too many immune cells would cause your immune system to be unbalanced. Instead of helping your body heal, it causes too much inflammation, causing damage. So the best way to prevent severe Covid infection is to lose those excess fats. Of course, wearing a mask, proper hand washing, and social distancing is still very essential – whatever your weight is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wanted to wait until after this pandemic before starting dieting. It’s just hard to diet when you’re stuck at home. However, after knowing how risky it is to be obese during this time of pandemic, I think I’m gonna need to start planning to lose the weight. They say that this virus is just like other flu. But if this flu kills, I’m definitely avoiding it.

rachel215
    Participant

Me, too. I postponed starting the diet when the pandemic started because at that time, there were just too many questions about this virus and the unknown is scary. Then there is also the uncertainty if I’ll be able to acquire my needed supplies and food. But since the virus is starting to get controlled and I can now freely leave the house, I can start with my round now. I’ll consider it as my way of helping my body ward off the virus.

julliana
    Participant

I’m still scared to start the diet. I think I won’t have enough nutrients to keep my immune system well enough to fight off the virus if ever it’ll get a hold on me.

Sophie

You don’t have to worry. As long as you are able to consume foods as instructed by the protocol, you wouldn’t be short of nutrients because as explained by Dr. Simeons in his manuscript, every time your fatty tissue is burned, which will happen almost daily while you’re on the HCG and eating only 500 calories, the only thing that gets melted off is your actual fat. The abundant vitamins, proteins, blood, and minerals from that fat tissue are being circulated back into your system.

You can safely start your diet as soon as you want to. Having a healthy weight during this pandemic will be very beneficial.

sandra suarez
    Participant

Being infected by COVID does not put you on hospital right away especially if you’re a healthy person, but being overweight sure puts your chances up in being hospitalized. that’s something you dont want.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.