HCG and Vitamins

Home Forums HCG + Lifestyle HCG and Vitamins

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    himeLuna

There is only a short list of supplements that we are allowed to take while on the HCG diet. This is to make sure that the supplements won’t interfere in the HCG’s task of getting rid of those abnormal fats from your body.

According to the article HCG DIET APPROVED DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS, the different phases have different allowable vitamins and minerals for intake. The different supplements are as follows:

PHASE 1 deals with cleansing and preparation of our body. This can be done by increasing our water intake to wash away toxins. Tea can also be drank for detox, and apple cider vinegar may be mixed onto your salads.

PHASE 2 is when you need to avoid supplements unless really necessary so as to achieve the maximum possible healthy weight loss. You may take supplements if you constantly feel tired during this phase. POTASSIUM for normal function of your organs, and MAGNESIUM to regulate bowel movement, may be taken.

PHASE 3 allows the same vitamins from P2 – potassium and magnesium. In the event that you feel more tired at this phase as your body adjusts to the absence of HCG in your system, you may take more supplements such as VITAMIN B COMPLEX for energy boost, and VITAMIN D if you’re unable to have adequate sun exposure or if your physician prescribed it to you for bone health.

PHASE 4 is the maintenance phase wherein you are allowed to take supplements such as Vitamin A to fight and restore damaged cells, and Vitamin C to boost your immune system and rid your body of toxins.

Martha
    Participant

Should I be taking a vitamin? I’ve lost a total of 23lbs in 17days and would just like to be sure that my body still gets the vitamins it needs. Thanks to anyone who would give an insight.

Heidi Dayne
    Participant

My doctor advised me to stop taking all vitamins during P2 since I have Vitamin B12 mixed in with my HCG shots. I think the fruit and veggies are already enough to give you your needed vitamins.

Martha
    Participant

Hmmm.. Interesting perspective..

himeLuna

Hello!
    That weight loss looks great Martha! You’re averaging more than a pound per day..
    Heidi is right, the components of the 500-calorie diet is enough to nourish your body for proper functioning. Also, Dr. Simeons’ manuscript mentioned that every time we lose a pound of fatty tissue, only the actual fat is melted off. All other vitamins, proteins, and minerals contained in that fatty tissue in abundance are circulated back into our bodies so we need not worry about being deficient. Vitamin supplementation is done only if you can’t function normally and your doctor decides that your the body really needs more of it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.