Thai-style Prawns in Broth

Home Forums HCG Diet Friendly Recipes Thai-style Prawns in Broth

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    himeLuna

Sharing another recipe easy to prepare.. =)

Thai-style Prawns in Broth

What you need:

• Prawns, 100 grams
    • Fish stock, 260mL
    • 1 small ginger, fresh
    • Lemongrass, 1 small stick
    • Kefir lime leaves, 2 small leaves
    • Turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon
    • Stevia, 1/4 teaspoon
    • Juice of 1/2 lemon
    • Spring onions and chili for garnishing

Method:

1. Mash together your ginger, lemongrass, and lime leaves. Use a mortar and pestle to do this.
    2. Place your fish stock in a pot, and boil. Once it boils, let is simmer for at least 8 minutes.
    3. Mix in your lime juice and stevia to taste.
    4. Add the prawns and let it cook for a minute.
    5. Remove prawns, place in a bowl and pour the broth over it. Add garnish then serve.

fatima salbayani
    Participant

Tried to do this but as I was preparing the ingredients, I found out that someone in my household had made use of my prawns, (I really think its my mother-in-law. haha) so I used chicken breast instead of prawns and chicken stock instead of fish stock. It still tasted good but I bet it would have been tastier if it had been prawns (I loooovveeee prawns). So I’ll try to do this recipe again using prawns next time.

himeLuna

Hi Fatima! =)

Were you able to try to do this again with prawns? How was it compared to the chicken alternative?

Thinking of trying the the chicken alternative one of these days since acquiring prawns while the community quarantine is ongoing is quite difficult.. =(
    Can’t wait for this Covid pandemic to end..

fatima salbayani
    Participant

Hello! I totally forgot to update you on this. The covid breakout is literally making everyone anxious. I wasn’t expecting it to get this worse. In reply to your question, yes, I did do this recipe using prawns and it is heaven! I had this more than just a few times while I was doing the diet.

himeLuna

Hi Fatima! I did get to try the chicken alternative that you did. And yes, the prawns definitely tastes better.. Haha.. But I’m not complaining. Even when I get to eat the chicken alternative because the community quarantine here at my location prevents me to get my hands on fresh prawns, I’m still enjoying the chicken alternative. Just not as much as the prawns though..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.