Weight Gain in P3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    himeLuna

When we reach P3, we are instructed to maintain our weight within 2 pounds above and below our last dose weight. However, there are times that we just can’t seem to keep it within the range. So we ask ourselves, what exactly are we doing wrong?

TROUBLE SHOOTING WEIGHT GAIN DURING PHASE 3 answers this question.

First, dieters tend to mistake LDW with the weight on the the first day of P3. But, LDW actually refers to your Last Dose Weight, which is your weight in the morning of your last day of injection. Because you might still lose a few more pounds (1 to 3 pounds) after your last injection, considering the first day of your P3 as your baseline for the 2-pound rule will actually put you below your LDW.

Second, the 2-pound rule can’t be applied in those whose had removed their fruits and carb portions during Phase 2. This is because with the absence of fruits and carbs on P2, your body was stimulated to lose so much weight wherein not only fats was lost, but also stored glycogen (sugar and water stored in your liver and muscles) which was used for energy. So when transitioning at P3, it is natural for the body to replenish the lost glycogen stores which would definitely cause weight gains beyond 2 pounds of your LDW.

Sandra Chris
    Participant

I am currently on P3 for a week and gained almost 3 lbs. I haven’t even eaten any carbs!! I did a steak day last Thursday when my morning weight was 2.3 pounds over my LDW. I lost 0.9 lbs the next morning (yesterday) and continued with my P3 meals. But this morning, I gained 1.3 lbs! What am I doing wrong? What should I do?

Sophie

What P3 meal did you have?

Sandra Chris
    Participant

I had a sausage for breakfast and a cup of coffee with 2 tsp of whipped cream, grilled chicken salad for lunch(lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and broccoli) with an Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing. For snacks, I had a handful of plain pork skins with chili oil. My dinner was baked chicken leg and a cup of spinach with butter.

Sophie

It seems that you are not eating enough. In P3, you can start gradually increasing your calories. Not eating enough calories (especially proteins) when your system has already gotten rid of the HCG may lead you to be protein-deficient. When this happens, your body will retain water and will cause the weight on the scale to go up. So increase your protein intake. Also, you might want to cut out your dairy for 3 or 4 days to see if you could be sensitive to the dairy. Hope this helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.