When to Ignore the 2-Pounds Rule

Home Forums The Phases of the HCG Diet Phase 3 Stabilization When to Ignore the 2-Pounds Rule

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    himeLuna

There are certain circumstances wherein the 2-pound rule is being ignored by modern dieters. This is because these scenarios will definitely push you higher than your 2-pound range.

The article TIME TO IGNORE THE 2-POUNDS RULES says that when any of these conditions are met, you need to forget about the 2-pounds rule:

1. When you skipped your carbs and fruit portions during your P2
    — Foregoing carbs and fruit causes your body to make use of your stored glycogen as energy because the energy from the limited amount of food you ate is not enough. This will also push your weight lower. So when you start increasing calories in P3, your body will hold on to the glycogen to replace the lost ones. This will in turn make you gain more than the 2-pound range.

2. When you started working out on P3
    — working out causes muscle to breakdown to be rebuilt into a stronger one. This process would cause water retention and will make it impossible to maintain within the 2-pounds allowance.

3. When several steak days doesn’t solve the problem
    — Doing steak days properly yet frequently because you don’t seem to stabilize, could indicate that you’re body just can’t handle keeping within the 2-pounds rule. Try to stabilize a bit above the 2 pound rule. It would not be healthy if you keep pushing yourself to do a steak day because doing a steak day is like fasting and fasting frequently is not healthy. Leave the rule and settle at a higher weight. The important thing is to stabilize and let your body find a new normal weight without volatile fluctuations.

janice brixter
    Participant

Hi, I’m still on my first week of P2 and had been skipping both my carb and fruit portion. I was thinking it would help me lose more. It wasn’t hard to give up both carbs and fruit since I don’t really feel any strong hunger. But after reading this, I’m worried that I have made a mistake. Will it be okay if I continue the diet? or should I just start again with P1 and disregard my current round?

himeLuna

Hello Janice! =)
    Since you are not too far off in your round, you may still continue your current round. But instead of not eating both your carb and fruit portion, you could just drop the melba/breadstick but still eat your fruit. Many forgoe the breadstick to avoid the possibility of carb cravings. So you may do so.
    The fruit and veggie will provide you with enough carbs so that your body will still utilize the energy from the food instead of your glycogen reserves.
    Good luck with losing weight this P2!

janice brixter
    Participant

Whew! thanks for the advice. I was afraid I had to start again. I’m not too fond of doing P1 though I know others enjoy it. I’ll put back the required fruits in my diet ASAP. Thanks again! I’m hoping I’ll be able to stabilize well in P3.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.